Do you like ‘spinning a yarn’? Well, here is one yarn that is not ‘fabricated’!
“The Fuchsia Fleece” is an American owned Alpaca Farm operated by Katharine and Marbury Seaman. Established in 1995, their business is located on an 1850’s farm in the Shenandoah Valley of Virginia. Passionate about raising Alpacas, they spend time shearing them and washing out the dirt with natural laundry detergent. Katharine even names her Alpaca Fibers after the Alpaca which has produced it!
I contacted Katharine to request a small sample knit (which came with a lovely letter and tag) to feel the quality. The knit came from her female Alpaca named “Pewter Robin”. Pewter Robin’s alpaca fiber is of very good quality. All of the Alpaca fibers/yarn are natural. No dyes have been used to color them.
Other Alpaca’s from “The Fuchsia Fleece” that produce lovely natural fibers:
- Miranda’s Charcoal Grey
- Silver Snow’s Silver Grey
- Bravo’s Mahogany Brown Suri
- Guy Noir’s True Black
- John Fourscore’s Fancy Black
- Miss Scarlet’s Natural Mahogany Brown
- Toffee’s Natural Cinnamon Brown
A sampler card can be ordered which contains the following:
- The Suri is straight off the Alpaca.
- The Huacaya sample card has been washed, hand picked and re-washed before being offered for sale.
- There is also a spinnable sample of The Fuchsia Fleece’s Alpaca roving.
The cost of the sampler card will be deducted from your first Alpaca Fiber order. Each Alpaca Fiber sampler card is prepared to order and may vary somewhat from the pictures.
To view “The Fuchsia Fleece’s” Alpaca Fibers and Alpaca Yarn product range, please visit their eBay store.
Natural Dyes Wholesale Supplier
Sam Vegetable Colours Pvt Ltd, a family owned business based in India, has been providing a broad range of natural dyes and naturally dyed products distributed for the worldwide market since 1994.
For all business enquiries: you are welcome to e-mail Sam Vegetable Colours Pvt. Ltd direct: email@example.com
Quote ‘ecosam’ and you will receive a 20% discount if you place a wholesale order (minus shipping fees). This discount code applies to all future wholesale orders.
Other Products Featured at Erin’s Eco List
- The Art of Spinning Fiber “Hand Spun” by Lexi Boeger: Book Review
- Sewing Green by Betz White: Book Review
Do you have questions? Feel free to contact Erin.