It is very important these days that more businesses “adopt” an approach to green practices and sell genuine eco friendly products. By selling eco friendly products your customers will feel comfortable knowing they are purchasing a product, from a seller who cares for the environment, which is safe for their family to use.
Eco Friendly Products To Consider Selling
These are only just a small selection of eco friendly goods being sold on the market.
- 100% Biodegradable rubbish/trash bags made from sugar/plant based materials.
- Fibres made from Bamboo and Hemp
- Plants and vegetables grown without pesticides and are planted in mineral rich soils nurtured by farmers.
- Fabric dyes that are made from plant, soy or vegetable based dyes.
- Bamboo cutting boards
- Hemp greeting cards/gift tags/brochures dyed with soy based inks.
- Organic Virgin Coconut Oil for cooking (coconut oil doesn’t turn rancid on high heat)
- Raw unprocessed honey
- Packaging made from sugar or corn starch material (such as Bio Packaging).
Word of Mouth Advertising
Product labels that are easy to read are attractive to consumers. Also include a mini product brochure which can be removed from your product. This is to ensure that your customers can keep your company’s information and pass it on to family and friends – a good way to receive free word of mouth advertising.
Consider reading, “How To Attract Eco Consumers By Promoting Easy To Read Product Labels” on Erin’s Eco List.
There are eco friendly printing companies who use soy based inks that can certainly help you with this service.
Provide Detailed Product Descriptions
Provide as much information as possible about your eco product range on your website.
As an eco friendly product review marketer, I like to find websites that provide as much information as possible. This saves me from having to contact their customer service department and ask them what fibres, dyes and ingredients are used to make their clothing, home wares and body care products.
Are You New To Selling Eco Friendly Products?
Before you consider ordering items wholesale or establishing your eco business, it’s important to do your research:
- Contact the manufacturer/s and find out more information about how they manufacture their products.
- Check with the manufacturer to see if you can review a sample of their products first.
If you would like to attract consumers and keep them as loyal customers then be upfront and specific about what you are selling. Also make sure that your prices are reasonable. Consumers are looking for good quality eco friendly products which are reasonable in price.
If you have any questions about selling eco friendly products, please feel free to contact Erin.